Monday, January 25, 2016

Music is Life

I am sad and depressed
- When lyrics become more pronounced than the music

I am happy and joyous
- When lyrics with the deepest theme isn't making sense to me. Just enjoy the tune

I am relaxed- neither happy nor sad
- The soothing music is just adding to the mood

I am enthusiastic and determined
- 'haaan yahi rasta hai.. ter..... ' oops! The beats are matching my heartbeats

I am travelling
- Why the hell didn't I create 'my playlist'

I am indifferent
- What was that song that I played on loop?

I got a new song
- I am gonna play it 200 times and ignore the mood of the surroundings

Shotgun
- Shut your music. The music system is mine and I am gonna play my music. (after 5 mins). Ok last song.. This one is going to be better.

I am in a mood to dance
- Please don't play baby-doll.

I am in a romantic mood
- %$*@)#^Q(#

I am in nostalgic mood
- Aryans, Bombay vikings, Euphoria

So much music in my life that I sometimes feel 'main bajj raha hun ya music'. What would the life be like if there were no music. Few days back I was watching Bajirao Mastani that made me think. How people used to enjoy music when there was no way to record it. It was the luxury of the kings and their ministers. Life must have been monotonous without music. We are so privileged that we are in a generation where the music database is so rich and wide. We can associate almost all our emotions with them.

It would be wrong to say that yesteryear's music was better and today's music is crap. I almost had a fight with an Uncle who said that you don't listen to A R Rahman's music more than once but the music of RD Burman is timeless. I agree with what he remarked about RD Burman's music but he can't say so about the former. Each of the musicians have their own position in the music world. And not saying that Rahman is the best musician we have. I like Amit Trivedi. I like Shankar Ehsaan Loy. I think they are nothing less than genius in their craft. The opinions may be divided on Honey Singh's music but one cannot deny that he does produce peppy songs. 

The dimensions of music are endless. When they say music can exploit emotions that are sometimes very hard to explain. Isn't it interesting how we associate a particular song with a person or with an event. Like I used to play a song on repeat mode while playing GTA. Now whenever I hear that song the image of GTA flashes in. Favourite song of your first relationship, favourite song of your first crush - they do make you remember the old days.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment