Sunday, June 14, 2015

An adventurous ride from the past

I was nervous, I was pale
I was so worried about my tale
My heart was sinking, my brain was numb
But I had to be confident and not dumb

When the whole country was bathing in lights with every home celebrating the festival by lighting diyas or the modern fashionable bulbs, I returned to my hometown with the only desire to hug my family members. It happened that the work pressure was very high and it was near to impossible to return and join back the family for celebrations. But somehow I managed to book tickets for home for the weekends. Booked a ticket for the train which was scheduled to depart at 9:00 PM from Guwahati and it was the last train to the connecting station NJP for that day. I comfortably reached the station 30 minutes before the scheduled departure only to find that the train had been rescheduled to 2:00 AM. #FML. It meant that I would be missing the train from the connecting station and would not be able to reach home on time. But god had some other plans. The 8:30 train was late by 90 mins which meant that I still had chance to capture the next train. But I didn't have any confirmed ticket to take a ride. I didn't care for anything and just got up in the one of bogies of the train without any ticket. It was dangerous and was the first time I was doing something like that. But the thought of going back home helped me rode the train with ease. I had to remain standing the journey of 8 hours and it was super tiring. But I caught the train and reached home on time. The rest is history. I was able to spend wonderful time with the family which I'll never forget in my life. 

I sometimes wonder how the life would have been if I had not been a part of such experiences. It is these experiences that keep my life adventurous. The moments I didn't enjoy much in the past are very much part of my identity. It is these moments that made me learn coping with difficulties and sadness.

I am sure you must have experienced something very similar. I am eager to hear your stories. Keep me posted and do comment if you share similar story.

No comments:

Post a Comment