Sunday, June 14, 2015

Into the memory lane #HugYourDad

The relationship between a father and a son is always tough to express. Unlike mothers' love which is visible, there is always a gap when it comes to expressing your love to your father. The expression remains inconspicuous. In most of the cases he is a silent guardian who gives his all but while remaining behind the scene. Sometimes he is more worried about the son than the mother. But giving a hug to your dad is as uncommon as finding treasure under non-historical monuments. If you ask me when was the last time I hugged my Dad. I would have to put a lot of stress on my brain to find the answer. So it may be difficult to my hug dad all of a sudden to express back my love, as a small gesture the least I can do is dedicate few lines that explains his unconditional love:

   He stayed awake late at nights so that I can sleep well
   He understood all my feelings even when I was unable to tell

   He walked long distances so that I can afford a cab
   He maintained a basic cell phone for years only so that I can sport a tab

   When the pain of mathematics was getting too tough to bear,
   He made it absolutely simple to learn and then it was all clear

   When the principal himself was getting wary of my reticence
   He made sure that all the teachers get acquainted with my innocence

   When choosing between different career options was becoming a nuance
   He supported me with proper guidance and helped me take a clear stance

   I did all sort of crazy things but he never lost his cool
   He broke his deposit account only to make sure that I study in a good B school

   When his business was not doing good he’d never let me know
   But he’d turned the sky up-down if I ever felt a little low

   He is the reason why I still wake up after eight
   While he takes care of all my meals and set everything straight

   Finally, his love for me is inexpressible and beyond these simple pair
   This post is a mark of my salute to his selfless and unconditional care

In the end all I can say that my love for him is not limited to words. It’s father’s day coming near but I sincerely believe that there cannot be just one day dedicated to him. For everything he has done for me the least but still the best thing I can do for him is give him a hug .

“This father’s day, I am expressing my love towards my dad by participating in the #HugYourDad activity at BlogAdda in association with Vicks.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment